How to enable HTTPs On Blogger ?
If you want to know how to enable HTTPS on the Blogger Custom Domain, then this post will be helpfull for you.
In the first blogger, you received a free SSL (HTTPS) certificate only on the Blogspot subdomain but this feature was not available on the custom domain. Now Google has added a new feature to Blogger, so that you can enable HTTPS even on the custom domain in the blogger.
HTTPS's full form is Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure. This is an extension of HTTP for a secure connection in the computer network. I will not talk about it in detail because here is our main topic which is how to enable free SSL Https for Blogger custom domain.
How To Enable Blogger Custom Domain ?You had to buy SSL certificate first or you could get it free from Cloudflare but now this feature has been added to Blogger, you can get a free SSL certificate by just following this feature in just a few seconds.
What is SSL certificate?The complete form of SSL is Secure Sockets Layer. It is an encryption protocol that keeps any data exchange between server and users safe. If your blog or website has an SSL certificate, HTTPS will show up with Secure in your blog connection. If you do not use HTTPS, hackers can easily steal your data.
Benefits of HTTPS on Blog
- It makes your blog or website more professional.
- People trust more HTTPS blogs
- The SSL certificate will make your blog more secure.
- Your blog's rank search engine (Google, Bing, Yahoo etc.) will improve because HTTPS is a ranking factor for ranking on Google.
- Your blog's SERP ranking will also improve with HTTPS.
How to enable HTTPS on Blogger Custom DomainWith the custom domain on Blogger, you can enable SSL certificate (HTTPS) in free. For this, you have to follow the steps given below.
- First of all, login to Blogger and enter the Dashboard.
- Now you can click on Settings >> Basic
Here you will find a section of HTTPS, yes to the option of the HTTPS availability given below. After some second wait, your blog will be refreshed.
- Yes also select Yes on HTTPS Redirect.
Now HTTPS is enabled on your blog's Custom Domain, you can see by clicking View blog.
Enable Blogger HTTPS in custom domain
What to Do After HTTPS Enabling ?After migrating your blog from HTTPS to HTTPS, it is necessary to update it in Google and other search engines as well. So that search engines can index your blog again by crawling it with https.
- After you enable HTTPS, submit your blog to Google Search Console. This means that you have the new HTTPS URL (https://www.yourdomain.com) that you need to update to Google.
- Again, you can generate a sitemap of your blog and submit it to Google Search Console (Webmaster Tools).
- And finally update the Robots.txt file on your blog.
Similarly you submit your blog to Bing Webmaster Tools.
If you have any questions related to this post, you can ask me in the comment below. You must share this post in social media so that anyone can help.